Hi, I’m Roberto Rodes.
Welcome to my online home. I’m an entrepreneur, designer, and software engineer.
These days, I build software and run Freegrowth, a modest design studio to help other tech creators grow sustainably and build more ethical businesses and solutions. I also write articles and a periodic newsletter to share everything I learn along my journey.
Do you want to know more about me?
My articles are about business and startups, innovation, design, software development, marketing, philosophy, ethics, or any other thing that might prove relevant at any given time.
They are a means for me to absorb and share everything I learn along the way.
- Escaping the Microservices Wormhole.It’s over. Another day went by, and you aren’t able to make a final choice. You’ve been thinking hard about your new app’s architecture, […]
- Don’t Grow a Billion-Dollar Business, Grow the Muscles to Hold It.“I feel useless. This is not our place.” It all came out of my mouth while working with my brother. That was a feeling […]
- Understand First.The beginning. We are Jose and Roberto Rodes. In 2012 we started our adventure as entrepreneurs. Throughout this time, we have founded and developed […]
Here is where I share rough ideas and reflections that still lack one doneness. These are the seeds that will often grow into full-blown essays.
- Shortcuts Do Not Work.If you’re learning a new discipline and trying to grow on top of it, there is something that barely ever works: taking shortcuts. You […]
- Don’t Let Your Results Fool You.We tend to judge our decisions based on the results we get. But is that the right thing to do? When we start learning […]
- Core Principles for Trading.Throughout the past year diving into the world of trading, there is a problem I’ve been recurrently experiencing: derailing from the original rules I […]
Gems I Found.
These are some of the most interesting things I find along my journey, from articles to podcasts to video talks or books. No processing involved. Just brief introductions with references to the original sources.
- Thinking in Bets.We are often fooled by randomness. Luck plays too big of a role. So how can we make better decisions? Based on Annie Duke’s […]
- Vaccine Mandates Are a Systemic Risk.Vaccine or no vaccine? We’re being forced into believing, almost as a religious act, there is no dilemma at all about it. Vaccines are […]
- Small Tools for Shaping.Design work is messy work. There is no clear route. It’s more like a maze with many dead ends. And as a result, it’s […]
Check my upcoming book.
I’m currently writing a book.
Understand shows creators how to stop running in circles dragged by broken models and strategies that are not for them. It helps them gain clarity and get organized.
This is the kind of book I wish I had when I got into the entrepreneurial path.
Let’s work together.
If you need aid with growing your business, maybe I can help.
I’m available for consulting through my company Freegrowth Studio. At Freegrowth Studio, we provide strategic guidance, training, and design services around growth, product design, engineering, and marketing.
Do you want to learn more?
Do you have any kind of proposal or simply want to chat about…?
I’m always interested in learning about new opportunities. If you think there is something I can do for you or any other way we can work together, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Also, as time permits, I enjoy discussing anything related to entrepreneurship, innovation, software development, ethics, and anything in between with anyone interested.