Hi, I’m Roberto Rodes.
Welcome to my online home. I’m an entrepreneur, designer, and software engineer.
These days, I build software and run Freegrowth, a modest design studio to help other tech creators grow sustainably and build more ethical businesses and solutions. I also write articles and a periodic newsletter to share everything I learn along my journey.
Do you want to know more about me?
My articles are about business and startups, innovation, design, software development, marketing, philosophy, ethics, or any other thing that might prove relevant at any given time.
They are a means for me to absorb and share everything I learn along the way.
- The Majestic Monolith Demystified.If you are a creator giving birth to a new web application, you may be racking your brain trying to uncover the right way […]
- Escaping the Microservices Wormhole.It’s over. Another day went by, and you aren’t able to make a final choice. You’ve been thinking hard about your new app’s architecture, […]
- Don’t Grow a Billion-Dollar Business, Grow the Muscles to Hold It.“I feel useless. This is not our place.” It all came out of my mouth while working with my brother. That was a feeling […]
Here is where I share rough ideas and reflections that still lack one doneness. These are the seeds that will often grow into full-blown essays.
- Sustainability Is Your Unfair Advantage for Hiring.A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon a reply by Justin Jackson to this other tweet by Ben Tossell. I’ve been in that situation […]
- Prototype Before Building the Real Thing.When creating a new product, we usually do research, write specs, draw sketches and diagrams, and a long etcetera of activities for finding the […]
- Prescriptive Solutions Sell (And Break) More Easily.The more prescriptive a solution, the easier it is to sell. Thinking is exhausting, so simpler, pre-cooked solutions are usually easier to digest. The […]
Gems I Found.
These are some of the most interesting things I find along my journey, from articles to podcasts to video talks or books. No processing involved. Just brief introductions with references to the original sources.
- On Liberty, Constraint, and Coercion.If we must coerce our sisters and brothers, it should be done with the utmost respect and reservation. Anything less is an insult to […]
- Magic Sidebar.Here is a brand new tool I’ve been trying out lately. Built by Tony Dinh, it radically dopes your Twitter experience. Especially powerful for […]
- David Perell’s Three Principles of Writing.If you want to grow a sustainable business these days, writing is one of the most valuable skills you can cultivate without a doubt. […]
Check my upcoming book.
I’m currently writing a book.
Understand shows creators how to stop running in circles dragged by broken models and strategies that are not for them. It helps them gain clarity and get organized.
This is the kind of book I wish I had when I got into the entrepreneurial path.
Let’s work together.
If you need aid with growing your business, maybe I can help.
I’m available for consulting through Freegrowth Studio. At Freegrowth Studio, we provide strategic guidance, training, and design services around growth, product design, engineering, and marketing.
Do you want to learn more?
Do you have any kind of proposal or simply want to chat about…?
I’m always interested in learning about new opportunities. If you think there is something I can do for you or any other way we can work together, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Also, as time permits, I enjoy discussing anything related to entrepreneurship, innovation, software development, ethics, and anything in between with anyone interested.