Hi, I’m Roberto Rodes.
Welcome to my online home. I’m an entrepreneur, designer, and software engineer.
These days, I build software and run Freegrowth, a modest design studio to help other tech creators grow sustainably and build more ethical businesses and solutions. I also write articles and a periodic newsletter to share everything I learn along my journey.
Do you want to know more about me?
My articles are about business and startups, innovation, design, software development, marketing, philosophy, ethics, or any other thing that might prove relevant at any given time.
They are a means for me to absorb and share everything I learn along the way.
- Don’t Grow a Billion-Dollar Business, Grow the Muscles to Hold It.“I feel useless. This is not our place.” It all came out of my mouth while working with my brother. That was a feeling […]
- Understand First.The beginning. We are Jose and Roberto Rodes. In 2012 we started our adventure as entrepreneurs. Throughout this time, we have founded and developed […]
- From Fragility to Consistency.As tech entrepreneurs, we fight tirelessly, hoping to create the next Amazon. We strive for years to create innovative products that can be useful […]
Here is where I share rough ideas and reflections that still lack one doneness. These are the seeds that will often grow into full-blown essays.
- There Is No Last Word.Working in public has been burdening me for a long time. If you’re like the old me, you’re always trying to craft a masterpiece […]
- Problems Need to Be Concrete.As Ryan Singer commented on Twitter the other day, “What sounds like a problem often isn’t concrete enough.” That’s a common trap with evil […]
- When Will It Be Ready?How many times have I heard this question? When I worked for others and started a new project, they couldn’t stop asking: “When will […]
Gems I Found.
These are some of the most interesting things I find along my journey, from articles to podcasts to video talks or books. No processing involved. Just brief introductions with references to the original sources.
- Reading Better.Reading speed is a vanity metric. No one cares how fast you read or how many books you read last year. In the real […]
- Function and Scale.A great explanation by Joe Norman in his April 2021 Applied Complexity Science newsletter on the relationship between systems scale and their revealed function. […]
- The Embedded Entrepreneur.Founders often build businesses and solutions looking for a problem. That leads to risky products that ultimately serve no one. That’s like going all-in […]
Check my upcoming book.
I’m currently writing a book.
Understand shows creators how to stop running in circles dragged by broken models and strategies that are not for them. It helps them gain clarity and get organized.
This is the kind of book I wish I had when I got into the entrepreneurial path.
Let’s work together.
If you need aid with growing your business, maybe I can help.
I’m available for consulting through my company Freegrowth Studio. At Freegrowth Studio, we provide strategic guidance, training, and design services around growth, product design, engineering, and marketing.
Do you want to learn more?
Do you have any kind of proposal or simply want to chat about…?
I’m always interested in learning about new opportunities. If you think there is something I can do for you or any other way we can work together, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Also, as time permits, I enjoy discussing anything related to entrepreneurship, innovation, software development, ethics, and anything in between with anyone interested.